Angie L. Guevara
- Employment Law
Angie Guevara's practice is devoted exclusively to employment law matters. Driven by a strong sense of justice, Ms. Guevara advocates without compromise on behalf of the clients of the DeVito Law Group. She shares the firm's founder's philosophy of going the extra mile for clients and providing them with meticulous, individualized attention.
Ms. Guevara joined the DeVito Law Group (formerly the Law Offices of Gina DeVito) in 1999 where she clerked for Gina DeVito while working towards her Juris Doctorate at the University of San Francisco, School of Law. Prior to joining the firm, Ms. Guevara was a paralegal for a number of years in Los Angeles, California, where she was born and raised.
Ms. Guevara obtained her B.A. from the University of California, Los Angeles and is a member of the State Bar of California's Employment & Litigation section, the Hispanic National Bar Association, the San Francisco La Raza Lawyer's Association and Queen's Bench.
Current Employment Position
- Johnson & Slaton (Law Office), Paralegal, 1994 to 1998
- State Bar of California, Employment & Litigation Sect., Member, 2003 to Present
- Hispanic National Bar Association, Member, 2007 to Present
- San Francisco La Raza Lawyers Association, Member, 2007 to Present
- Queens Bench, Member, 2007 to Present
- University of San Francisco School of Law, San Francisco, California
- UCLA, Los Angeles, California
- B.A. - 1988
- Major: Sociology
- Minor: History
- UCLA Extension, Los Angeles, California
- Honors: Certificate: Attorney Assistant / Paralegal - 1994
- California, 2003
- American Jurisprudence Award, Legal Research, Writing & Analysis, 1998 - Present
- Best Brief in U.S.F.'s Moot Court Competition, 2000 - Present
- In Re K.I.: An Urgent Need For a Uniform System in the Treatment of the Critically Ill Infant - Recognizing the Sanctity of Life of the Child, 36 U.S.F. L. Rev. 237, 2001